We are the innovators, educators, and altogether nice bunch of folk behind the award-winning Learning Journey Platform, PebblePad. Our 17-year journey has seen us consistently push the technology boundaries, build an enviable global customer-base, and gain a reputation for being the kind of company people really like doing business with. Big enough to be trusted by leading organisations across the globe, but small enough to value every team member, it's why our customer-base, just like our team, is growing year on year. If you want to be part of something incredible, and make a difference to future generations of learners, read on.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
PebblePad is a well-established educational technology business working with some of the world’s most prestigious and innovative universities, professional organisations and awarding bodies.
Behind our amazing product is a talented, friendly, dedicated team who care deeply about continuously improving PebblePad for our incredible customer base. This role will be responsible for the professional development and line management of our 3 development teams.
We think this opportunity is best suited to someone who has come from a technical background, ideally full-stack but is now a fully focused ‘people-person’ passionate about nurturing teams to high levels of effectiveness.
WE EXPECT YOU TO
- Focus on being a catalyst for your team members’ personal development, career growth and motivation.
- Uphold engineering and QA best practices to ensure overall quality of software created by your teams.
- Maintain a positive and collaborative team working culture.
- Continuously improve the efficiency of your teams through evolving our process and technology.
- Recruit engineering personnel and other technical staff.
WE THINK YOU'LL NEED
- Sufficient and demonstrable experience as both a software engineer and the builder and leader of high-performing teams.
- Proven ability to support skills and career development of team members through coaching, training and guidance.
- An in-depth understanding of Agile development methodologies.
- A results and execution mindset to you keep your teams on track and in alignment with wider development objectives.
- Ability to do both long term thinking and short term planning.
- Experience of creating and delivering SaaS B2B systems at scale (1 million+ users).
- You're passionate about building an enterprise level learning platform that enhances the experience of learners, educators and assessors all over the world.
ABOUT THE REWARDS
The salary offered will be dependent on skills and experience, and includes a generous benefits package. The role is full time and may be located at our Telford office or can be remote. We believe in inclusion and diversity and are an equal opportunities employer.
INTERESTED? WHAT NEXT?
It's simple. Complete the form below and attach your CV (max 2 pages) together with a short cover letter extolling your virtues and explaining why you are absolutely, certainly, unquestionably, the person for this job. Please note, due to various employment restrictions we are unable to accept applications from non-EU citizens. We also regret to inform you that we cannot sponsor work visas at this time.